Are you want to migrate from blogger to WordPress? If yes, it is a great choice. Blogger is great for beginners. It is easy to create an account in Blogger and use it at less cost. Another side its limitation can irritate you in the long run.
Migrating from Blogger to WordPress is a sensitive thing. Here you have to consider SEO matters carefully. Moreover, some vital points to remember here. For example, not losing SEO, not losing a single traffic, etc. Here is where you will get a detailed guide for managing it. Before diving into it let’s know quickly why to shift from Blogger to WordPress.
Table of content
Why shift from Blogger to WordPress?
Why shift from Blogger to WordPress?
The one-line answer is to play smartly to get a better ranking helped by professional editing options and advanced tools. For more breakdown, look at the below advantage of going with the WordPress account.
- Search engines love WordPress sites: WordPress is a highly SEO-friendly hosting. it has easy meta tags for text, images, videos, etc. Search engines can easily read and index them. You will get more results on page ranking through WordPress.
- 100% customizable design: You did not need to rush for a web developer for small things like updating the right sidebar. Even you can design websites with less developing knowledge. You can include the footer, header, menu, and right & left sidebar elements easily. You can also change or shift them in very little time.
- Best choice ever for the blog: WordPress has a built-in blog feature. Therefore, you can access relevant features very easily. You can easily add RSS, email, or newsletter subscription. A home page can be automatically displayed your recent posts. Moreover, commenting, social subscriptions, etc. lot of features can be enabled very easily.
- Options of advanced plug-ins: Some most vital plug-ins are ready to ease your life. For example, the LiteSpeed plug-in can increase your website speed efficiently. Yoast SEO or All-in-one SEO can handle your SEO work smartly. You can easily add canonical links, alt text for images, etc. Gif or image compressor can handle your work within no time. Although many plugins can cause delayed load time, adding some essential plugins will enhance your website reach with less effort.
- Scalable options with your business growth: As your business grows, you can go for a better plan. In that way, you will not have trouble maintaining your traffic. You may contain hundreds of thousands of posts on your WordPress site. In another case, you can go for an affordable plan in the beginning.
Apart from that, easy to use, has multiple users, controls the site is in your hand, has better page creation without coding knowledge, etc assured to shift from Blogger to WordPress. You can read Blogger vs WordPress for making money for a biased free analysis. Now let’s set up your WordPress site with these three-step processes.
How to migrate from Blogger to WordPress without losing SEO
Good news for you. You will walk through the easiest steps here. You may not have been confused after applying this. At the same time, you will not lose any single traffic from your blog site. Let’s ready to apply it following the step-by-step processes.
Step 1: Set up your WordPress website:
Definitely, you are familiar with the term hosting. You need to choose it first. Here 3 top-level hostings are mentioned –
Most people prefer either Hostinger or Bluehost. Then what to choose. Here are the four core differences to make your decision –
a. Bluehost has phone call support but Hostinger has only 24 hours chat support. If you are the one who needs to personalize discussion then Bluehost is for you.
b. Bluehost has better uptime (100%) than Hostinger (99%). It simply means in a month you may find a while downtime of your website. If you are very strict in these areas then you can go for Bluehost.
c. Hostinger keeps far ahead in terms of website speed. If you are one who does not compromise for website speed then go for Hostinger in one go.
d. Hostinger has many cheap plans. It provides many services at a very less cost. For example, the smallest plan in Bluehost can offer you to create one website. Another side, even in less amount you can create 100 websites in Hostinger. For one website it has a negligible cost. Look at the cost of both plans.
The above explanation is provided so you can make an efficient decision. In my case, speed is more important. With so much available information people will quit if the page does not open quickly. It increases the bounce rate considerably. Therefore, Hostinger can be preferable to get high speed.
So, Here Hostinger setup will be shown here quickly.
WordPress set up in Hostinger
First, open the Hostinger home page. Choose your WordPress plan easily. For that, click on menu> Hosting. A few options will be displayed. Click on WordPress Hosting. A page will be open. Click on Start now. You can see many hosting plans. Select the one which is the best fit for you. Here are a few ideas for easy go –
- If you own a giant business then do not choose these ones. Instead, go for cloud hosting.
- If your budget is minimum, go for a “Single WordPress” plan. It has many limitations. Although you can create and maintain a website with negligible cost.
- If you want to start without a headache, then go for a “WordPress Starter” plan. Here you will get a free domain with 1-year validity. You can create up to 100 websites, 100 emails, etc. Moreover, it has lots of features than the previous one. Here 25000 visits can be easily handled.
- If your business is riched at a certain level then go for a “Business WordPress”. It has many extendable features.
- If your businesses are at an efficient level then go for a “WordPress pro” plan with the utmost features.
It is better to check in detail before choosing any plan. It will boost your knowledge about features and confidence.
Here you go through with the most popular plan. Click on “add to cart” on “WordPress starter”.
You are almost there. Now choose your periods. It may be 1 year to 4 years. The more you go for a bigger plan, the discount is. Here 1 year is chosen.
After that, create your account. you can enter it through email address, Facebook, or Google.
After that, select your payment method. Here PayTM is selected.
Here you should enter a coupon code to get even more discount. You can enter “BLACKFRIDAY”.
Then click on “Submit Secure Payment”. Complete your payment method.
After completing the purchase you will be redirected to the Hostinger page. Look at the below.
You can look on the Hello page. Now click on Start Now. You have to answer some questions to get your homepage. For your convenience, a demo is applied similarly to this website. Go through it.
i) Who are you creating the website for? – I’m creating it for myself.
ii) Who are creating the website? – I’m building it myself.
iii) Which type of website do you want to build? – Blog.
iv) Do you need help building your website? – No thanks.
Create or Migrate Website – Create a new website
Select a platform – click on “Select” for the WordPress option.
Create a WordPress account – Enter your mail and password.
Add plugins to your website – Skip, I will manage plugins later.
Which look do you prefer – choose any one look. It will be changed later.
Name your website – You can choose a free domain. If you have already a domain then “select” Use an Existing domain. Enter your domain name and click Continue.
You will get a few details of your domain.
Click on “how to connect a domain to Hostinger” for details. Actually, go to your domain provider’s DNS settings and edit two nameservers provided by Hostinger. For any difficulty, you can also contact your domain provider helpline.
Although it is easy to continue. Go to the DNS setting. Go to the nameservers. edit it and put these two.
ii) ns2 dns-parking.com
Your work will be done.
It differs according to the domain provided. You can contact them also to set up it. Now click on “continue” on the domain page of the Hostinger. After that click on “Finish setup”.
Wait for a minute to finish the update.
Now click on “Connect” to connect your domain. Then “Let’s start”. Then click on “Finish”.
You will find Welcome to the block editor.
Click on “Next”. Finally, you reach your WordPress dashboard. Take a breath for the next step.
Step 2: Import from Blogger to WordPress
It is quite an easy process. Go to your WordPress dashboard. Look at the menu list on the left side. Click on the “Tools” option.
Then click on “import” on the available options.
Now, on the available option choose Blogger and click on “Run Importer”.
You can see the option for “Choose File”. What is it?
Here you have to choose a file where your all posts will be imported. You can get it in your Blogger account.
To get it, go to your Blogger account > menu > settings. Scroll down and look at Manage Blog. Click on “Back Up Content”.
Your file will be downloaded. Keep this file in a safe place. It will help to restore your Blogger site at any time. Now, this file will be used in WordPress.
Go back to your WordPress and click on “Choose file. Select the file you have saved. You can see the name of the Import author. You can keep the previous one or can type a new one.
Finally, click on “Submit”. Your 2nd step for migrate from Blogger to WordPress is done.
To check your imported content go to the WordPress menu. Click on Posts then All posts. You can see your all forms of posts here. It can be published posts, drafts, etc.
You can manage your Blog URL format as anyone likes. Go to the WordPress menu and click on Settings. Then, click on Permalinks.
You can choose the Post name option for easy reading of the Blog URL.
After that, click on save changes.
Now, look at the 3rd step for migrate from Blogger to WordPress.
Step 3: The process for not losing a single traffic
The accurate way is to use a plug-in for this. Go to WordPress menu > plugin > add new.
Keep your cursor in “Search plugins”. Search “SEO Blogger to WordPress Migration using 301 Redirection”. You will find a plugin with a similar name. Click on “install now”. After that, click on activate.
Now come to WordPress menu > tools > SEO Blogger to WordPress.
You can find your website address here. Click on Generate.
Scroll down. You will find a set of codes is generated. Copy all the code.l
You need to post it on your Blogger site.
Go to your Blogger account > menu > theme > Down arrow beside Edit HTML. Click on back up. It will help to restore your site anytime you want to do it.
With the same process now click on “Switch to second generation layouts theme”. You can find it just below the backup option. Now click on “Edit HTML”. Remove your entire HTML code. After that paste the code generated by SEO Blogger to the WordPress tool.
Now your every page will be redirected to the same page in WordPress. You can check this out after a few hours. Do a few additional tasks mentioned below –
- Setup your all page like about us separately. You can copy and paste from your Blogger account.
- Your posts are imported but meta descriptions are empty. Therefore add a meta description for every post.
- Look for all your images. Make sure all text is placed properly on the images.
- Go through the posts where the table or extra design is found. During import, some functions can be mismatched. Although it is a very rare thing.
- Set up canonical links for all the posts. In WordPress, you need to write canonical URLs for every page. You can download the “Yoast SEO” plugin. Then click on any post. Go below the post, click on the advanced option and write the full canonical URL in the Canonical box.
- You changed your link format by the permalink section. Therefore, every internal link can be edited. It is best to keep your current blog link in the internal link.
- For easy use, you can set up the “Generatepress” theme through the WordPress menu > appearance > theme > Add new theme > search Generatepress > install> activate > customize. They customize it to your choice. These are some noted points regarding migrate from Blogger to WordPress.
For an easy reminder, you migrate from Blogger to WordPress in three steps. The first step is WordPress set up in Hostinger. The second step is to import posts from Blogger. The final step is to move your traffic from Blogger to WordPress.
Here all essential steps are completed. You can save it to do your work successfully. If you are stuck in the process, then you can comment below. I will try my best to solve the processes. Find this blog helpful. Then you can hit share and subscribe to the newsletter. Thank you.